What is marketing – really?
You may have noticed – What used to work in marketing isn’t as effective today.
The traditional advertising model – spending large amounts of money in an effort to capture the attention of a target market – is a dinosaur in today’s world. There seems to be an ever-increasing amount of advertising and media, all clamoring for our attention.
“Look here!” “Call us!” “Buy now!”
In fact, the very term “marketing” itself seems to be outdated.
Today, your customers and potential customers are savvier, more informed, and expect more for their investment.
The strongest marketing strategy that exists today is designing and creating a positive experience for your customers, both current and potential. This positive experience will create a snowball effect, resulting in increased good-will toward your brand, positive word-of-mouth “buzz,” more sales, and growth in repeat business.
The idea of creating and selling an experience is not new. Walt Disney pioneered it in the 1960’s with Disneyland. With spectacular sights, sounds, interactions with characters in costume, fireworks every evening, and even the smells of cooking and baking intentionally piped out to the customers on the sidewalks, Disney created and sold an
e xperience. Then, he continually added to and updated the experience to keep it fresh, while still maintaining the familiar, favorite elements.
The experience that your customers and potential customers have with your business should be consciously designed and optimized – at every point of interaction with your business. This includes your web site, social media, traditional advertising, a customer service call, or a visit to your business.
A strong, positive customer experience means:
- Amassing greater numbers of new customers
- Increasing customer retention/repeat sales
- Positively engaging customers with your business/brand
- Growing positive word-of-mouth buzz
Our Peoria marketing agency will build a powerful, effective integrated marketing strategy for you. We create an optimized experience for your potential and current customers – both the tech-savvy and the more traditional customers – by establishing a strong market presence for your business via:
- Strong Branding Strategies, including logo and corporate identity
- Customer Experience Design and Optimization – creating a great experience that generates word-of-mouth
- Web Design and Development
- Online Advertising
- Social Media and Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Traditional Media – Print, Radio, Television and Outdoor Advertising
- Public Relations and Special Events
- Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
- Print Collateral – brochures, business cards, kit folders
- Trade Show Strategies – exhibits, banners, customer interaction and tracking
We are located in Peoria, Illinois, but also provide marketing agency and ad agency services to clients in:
- Bloomington, Illinois
- Normal, Illinois
- Galesburg, Illinois
- Lincoln, Illinois
- Champaign, Urbana, Illinois